You're Welcome!

Thanks for visiting our family blog---we're glad you came! Please be sure to leave us some feedback and keep us posted on your news as well...

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

"Rhapsodizing Entertainment"


There are certain moments when a parent gets nervous. Sometimes the nerves are mixed with dread, sometimes fear---other times excitement. Well, last night the latter (est?) was true of me...it was Robby and Molly's piano recital at Dublin Christian Academy. I was "flying solo" because Bren was at home ushering Toby and Timmy off to their last night of Awana, taking care of Natalee and then picking the boys up and getting them all in bed before we got home (isn't he wonderful???). SO....as I was watching and listening to Robby and Molly's performances I went into that "only take in as much oxygen as is absolutely necessary to survive" mode until the very last note was played, their hands lifted from the keyboard and they stood to take their bow. Whew! How do you spell relief? (O-x-y-g-e-n...) Robby played Joplin's "The Entertainer" and delivered it very well! He dressed up in a straw hat, suspenders and even a cane to carry home the ragtime theme...the affect was appreciated by his audience (but who's keeping track?). Molly performed beautifully the "Rhapsody in Blue" theme by Gershwyn. There were some tricky spots in this piece and she rose to the challenge and graciously conquered them, giving her audience a relaxed and enjoyable performance (do I sound like a biased critic?)

Now, as anyone who has ever performed in a recital can relate, Robby and Molly were a bit anxious prior to their "moment in the spotlight" tonight. I'm so thankful for opportunities we have like this to point our children to the Lord who is able to undergird and strengthen the "faint of heart". These are times when they are able to see their faith being tested and they have a choice to make. I know our prayer is that when faced with any challenge where they feel inadequate or unable to "fight the good fight" they choose to put their trust in "the Almighty One"! After all, it's in His strength alone that we accomplish anything good---and to the glory of God. As I've been reminded in our "M&M's" Bible study: it's never too soon (or too late) to point them to the Lord---the Giver of ALL good things!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have been there to hear them!

Lydia said...

Well, it would have been nice to have you there...alas, the schedule conflict with Awana. We felt "torn in two" ourselves! It's nice we'll all be able to hear one another play in June!

Oh, and I did take video of them playing, but the files were over 100 MB, so I couldnt' post them! Oh, well! =o(

The Coffee Press said...

Congrats Robby and Molly on a job well done. I bet you are relieved to have that behind you. You look fabulous. Wish we could see the video too!

I'm glad you can breathe again. I'd be the same way. My time is coming.

Short 'n Sporadic said...

Wow! Rhapsody in Blue and Entertainer, huh? That's pretty neat. I still remember my piano recitals. I bet they did great!

Dedwarmo said...

Hey, Micah. I enjoyed hearing you play the piano the last time you were at Grandma and Grandpa Morrison's house.